COUNSELLING SKILLS IN PSYCHOLOGY
Objective of the program is to enable the participants to consciously:
- Engage in the basic skills of the counseling or psychotherapy session: listening, influencing, and structuring an effective session with individual and multicultural sensitivity.
- Master a basic structure of the session that can be applied to many different theories:
- Develop an empathic relationship with the client.
- Draw out the client’s story, giving special attention to strengths and resources.
- Set clear goals with the client.
- Enable the client to think differently about concerns, issues, and challenges.
- Help the client move to action outside the session.
- Integrate ethics and positive psychology/wellness into counseling practice.
- Analyze with considerable precision their own natural style of helping and, equally or perhaps more important, how their counseling style is received by clients.
Facilitator – Arushi Sharma
Duration – 30 Days